Visit NOVA to become a member of the NOVA Job Center. Click here to learn how to register for membership. There is no cost and you will be able to access the resources and services you need for a successful job search or to explore career opportunities.
Services available at the NOVA Job Center include:
Click here to view our workshops and services.
- Career Advising
Career advisors are available to meet with you for one-on-one job-search assistance. Advisors can help you with your résumé, interview preparation, and career research.
- Ask the Career Advisor
Have a question for an advisor but don't think you need a full 1-on-1 meeting? This group session offered daily is your opportunity to drop-in and have your questions answered.
Job Search Workshops
- Advice Line
Have a quick question for an advisor and can't get to the NOVA Job Center? Complete our online request form and a career advisor will call you.
Check the NOVA Job Center calendar for a schedule of the workshops that are free and available on a first-come basis. There are more than 20 workshops to assist job seekers in learning how to navigate the job-search process from gaining a clear focus, to writing a résumé, job searching, interviewing, and negotiating a job offer.
Access to Job Postings
Take advantage of our online job board to review current listings of local jobs.
NOVA Job Center LinkedIn Group
Join the NOVA Job Center LinkedIn group for news and information and to expand your network by connecting with colleagues and peers.
Technology for Job Search
Access computers with high-speed internet, faxes, and copiers.
Are you considering a career change? Need to clarify what you want in a career? Need to energize or focus your job search? Our career assessment process uses well-researched assessment tools and a highly interactive workshop to help you identify your skills, interests, values and personality. You’ll walk away from the process with the ability to:
- interpret your assessment results;
- explore possible career choices; and
- improve your job search.
Classes are offered on computers running Windows 10 operating system.
ProveIt! is an online assessment tool that offers a full range of quality assessments from software applications to functional job skills. Click here for more information and an orientation video.
- Microsoft classes are introductions to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It is recommended that participants be comfortable with basic computer functions. All Microsoft applications are version 2016.
- Intro to Computers is a basic overview of how a computer works and how to use the Windows operating system. This class also provides an introduction to the internet and internet-based e-mail applications.
— To register for NOVA Job Center classes, click here.
Communication Essentials classes feature practical, state-of-the-art techniques, interactive exercises, and immediately useful tools in the areas of communicating, team building, and problem solving:
- Learn communicating skills that will help you resolve problems, respectfully present your point of view and listen to others.
- Enhance your ability to give and receive feedback.
- Learn facilitation skills to improve team dynamics and increase productivity.
- Apply collaboration and consensus building techniques used in high-performance teams.
- Learn skills to analyze and creatively solve problems in a team setting.
— To register for Communication Essential classes, click here.
Local employers hold information sessions and recruitments onsite at the NOVA JobCenter. Click here for the latest schedule.
ProMatch is a networking program providing resources for professionals to make connections and engage in a proactive and successful job search. For additional information about ProMatch, click here.
The Sunnyvale office has specially trained staff to ensure veterans of the U.S. armed forces receive maximum employment and training opportunities. Services can include counseling, labor market information, job referrals, job search workshops, job development with potential employers, and referrals to other veteran services. All veterans are eligible for the Veterans Intensive Program. Special assistance is available for veterans with service connected disabilities. For additional information about services for veterans, click here.
NOVA JobCenter has a variety of assistive technologies for individuals with disabilities, including:
- Accessible computer workstations
- Text screen-magnifier software
- Alternative typing software
- Induction Loop amplification system
- Closed-caption job-search videos
- Closed-circuit television