On a biannual basis, NOVA conducts a customer satisfaction survey. The results of the latest survey are now available and the responses were very positive. The time period for the survey included the move of NOVA’s Job Seeker Center to its new location and the reinvention of NOVA’s service-delivery system to streamline access to services, so the results are even more encouraging. 3900 customers were sent the survey and the results are as follows:
- Services accessed at the Job Seeker Center: 71 percent (the highest response) accessed career advisor appointments, which were revamped this past year with new methods for expediting access including the ability to schedule one-on-one appointments in advance, the new “Ask the Career Advisor” group workshop and the career advice hotline; and 65 percent (the second highest) accessed job search workshops, which were also improved with more hands-on classes requested by customers and less popular workshops consolidated and delivered in a more streamlined format.
- Level of customer service in the Job Seeker Center: 96.6 percent rated customer service as met or exceeded expectations with comments that included, “The entire staff is always friendly and ready to help with any situation — you are not treated like a number but like a human” and “Love the center! It keeps me going between contacts…”
- Overall quality of the offerings at the Job Seeker Center: 95.7 percent rated overall quality as met or exceeded expectations with comments that included, “Class content was fresh and relevant. Instructors were well prepared and attuned to the current work scene.” and “It’s a wonderful set of services that you have. Wonderful, helpful employees…”
- Availability/accessibility of drop-in career advising appointments: 91.9 percent rated availability/accessibility as met or exceeded expectations with comments that included, “By phone, drop in, leave a vm [voicemail message], call me later, - wow thank you.” and “Always was able to find a career advisor during a convenient time for me.”
- Quality of drop-in career advising: 89.4 percent rated the quality as met or exceeded expectations with comments that included, “I always came away with better ideas on how to retool my resume.” and “I think I’ve been helped by every advisor…”
- Final comments: “CONNECT Center [Job Seeker Center] and ProMatch are two amazing resources for unemployed people…”, “After having read books on interviewing for a job I didn’t expect there to be much more to learn. I was wrong…” and “…your work is providing a critical lifeline to job seekers of light, medium, and well experience levels!...”
NOVA will take the information gleaned from the survey responses and make adjustments to the services offered, as appropriate, to improve both access and the quality of the customer’s experience. With the economy improving, we expect there will be increased demands from both job seekers and employers and will look to continually reinvent its services in response.
Return to main page of newsletter